Even though our program year has wrapped up for the summer, we still have networking opportunities! Join us for lunch on June 22, July 27, and August 24.
Those of you who have been around STC Houston for a while are probably familiar with the networking lunches held at Barry’s Pizza for more than a decade. But for those of you who are new, or for those of you who have never had a chance to attend, here is a quick rundown:
• Lunches are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 11:30 am.
• The location is Barry’s Pizza on Richmond at Fountain View.
• You do not need to be an STC member to attend.
• Information about how to RSVP is on the STC Houston Events Calendar.
• There is no fee, but each participant pays for their own lunch.
Thomas Foster organizes the networking lunches to help those who are looking for work and to discuss topics of interest to the attendees. Since the fall of 2015, several rounds of layoffs have affected technical writers in Houston, so the group often discusses job openings, resumes, and interviews. In addition, Tom takes requests for topics from attendees, topics that often include specific software, tools, and systems comparisons.
As a co-founder of his own company and long-time proposal writing expert, Tom Foster is glad to have the flexibility to help other technical writers find opportunities to improve their careers. He hopes to create a Clear Lake luncheon series to expand STC Houston’s networking in the future.