Welcome to the STC South Central Texas 2021 MiniConference page! Check back often for news and information about the MiniConference.
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 we will have a full day of online learning with live webinars and networking.
The all-day MiniConference provides panels and workshops related to technical communication, including tools, methods, approaches, practical application, and introductions to new techniques and technologies in the technical communication arena.
Call for Proposals
We are currently inviting proposals for panels and workshops for the MiniConference. We are looking for presenters with important information to share about the following:
- Techniques for good communication
- Methods for good communication
- Tools and technologies for communicators
- Best practices for communicators
- Career advice for communicators
- Using social media in techcomm
- Instructional design
- User experience
…and anything else related to technical communication and for which you have expertise.
This MiniConference is a great place to obtain feedback for:
- A national conference presentation
- A company success or case study
- An academic research project
- A student presentation
Email your proposal to Erika Frensley (Erika@stc-houston.org) by Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Topic abstract/description (250 word max)
- Presenter’s bio (250 word max)
- Tags/keywords you recommend using for SEO purposes (5 tags max)
Note: Professional and academic presentations should be no longer than 50 minutes and student presentations should be no longer than 25 minutes (including time for questions). All presentations should be optimized for online viewing and participation.