by Stephanie Donovan, Membership Manager, STC Houston Chapter, an STC 2013 Community of Distinction
Dear STC Houston members,
It’s time to renew your STC membership for 2014!
We hope you will renew and continue grow with our award-winning “Community of Distinction,” as well as continue to benefit from the many programs and services offered by STC and our local Houston chapter.
All STC memberships expire on December 31, 2013, so renew now to be sure that your membership continues uninterrupted.
How to Renew
To renew online, go to www.stc.org/membership and click Renew Now. As you go through the renewal application, keep these items in mind:
- If you are currently a SIG Value program member and want to continue being a member of one, some, or all of the SIGs, choose the Gold Value Package as your membership category.
- Be sure that Houston is selected as a community, so that your chapter membership is included in your renewal.
- Enter the promotion code STC2014 to get Classic membership for $195.00 (plus the $25.00 for Houston Chapter membership.) This discount will end during December, so be sure to renew by December 1 to be sure you can get this discount.
Benefits of STC Membership
As a member of STC, you’ll continue to enjoy these benefits:
- Digital subscriptions to Intercom, Technical Communication, TechComm Today, and STC’s Notebook blog
- Access to more than 140 free archived seminars
- Member pricing for live web seminars, recorded events, and online courses
- Free download of the STC Salary Database
- Early registration rates for the annual STC Summit conference
- Full access to the Technical Communication Body of Knowledge
- Discounts through the STC Affinity program for products and services from companies such as HP, Lenovo, Hyatt, and more
- 14-day advanced access to the newest jobs available in the STC Job Bank
For current SIG Value package members:
For 2014, the SIG Value membership plan has been eliminated, and its benefits are now part of the Gold Value Package. In addition to the benefits of Gold membership, which include five free live webinars and a 50 percent discount on one online course, you can include as many SIGs as you want at no extra cost. To continue receiving the benefits of the SIG Value plan, select the Gold Value Package ($425.00) as your membership category. If you prefer to change to Classic membership, select Classic.
For recent graduates:
Are you a recent college/university graduate (three years or less) now working in technical communication? You are eligible for the New TC Professional category at $160.00. For details, visit http://www.stc.org/membership/
For more information about renewing and membership categories, visit http://www.stc.org/membership/
Benefits of Houston Chapter Membership
Our vibrant and award-winning community offers:
- A regular series of programs featuring excellent presenters.
- Job search and career development resources, including area job listings, and access to professional development information on our chapter web site.
- Opportunities to get involved, expand your network, and build your skills.
- Monthly networking lunches that connect you to peers, as well as area recruiters looking for communicators.
Thank you for your STC membership. We look forward to having you as a member in 2014. If you have any questions about your STC or chapter membership, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to chatting with you at our next meeting!