Membership Dues and Renewal
Membership dues reduced to $75 for the remainder of the year. Have coworkers, family, and friends experience STC for the remainder of the year. For more details see STC’s membership page , or contact Erin Gallalee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership renewal season opens on 1 September: Plan to renew early before the end of year holidays so you can check that off your To Do list.
Reduced 2018 Student Members Rates
The 2018 membership season marks the beginning of STC’s 65th Anniversary and we are kicking off our celebration by reducing the 2018 Student Member dues. Help us share this exciting news with your students and colleagues!
Starting 1 September, students can renew or join STC at the newly discounted rate of $65 (reg. $75). All new Student Members will receive 16 months of membership for the cost of 12, and can take advantage of these additional exclusive benefits at no additional charge; one local and student chapter membership, the Academic Special Interest Group (SIG), and one professional SIG membership.
We also pass the savings on to you. When 10 or more of your students join STC, you receive the Professional & Academic (formally Classic) membership for only $65 (a $134+ savings).
Some key benefits for student members include:
Certification: Encourage your students to stand out in the workforce by becoming a Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) in 2018. Obtaining certification helps them to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise, and provides potential hires with evidence of their abilities. Many of your students may be already familiar with the certification text book Richard Johnson-Sheehan’s Technical Communication Today. Members save $250 on the exam price.
- eSubscriptions: All members receive online access to STC’s award-winning publications Intercom magazine, Technical Communication journal, STC’s Notebook blog, TechComm Today eNewsletter, and the Technical Communication Body of Knowledge (TCBOK).
- Job Bank: In our Job Bank, members can create a profile, build job search criteria, and get new job postings emailed directly. Members can also post their résumés and access career resources to help build and manage their careers.
- Salary Database: STC publishes an annual Salary Database that is only available to members. This valuable guide helps members learn where the jobs are, advocate for a salary increase, and understand the market demand for technical communicators.
- Mentor Board: Student members especially benefit from our Mentor Board, which allows them to establish mentor/mentee relationships with other seasoned members to help support and advance their careers.
- Professional Development: STC members save money when registering for online courses, live webinars, and our annual conference (20-23 May 2018 in Orlando, FL).
For more information, or to receive a student flyer and application, please click here or contact me directly at email@example.com or 571-366-1914.