Resume Assistance and Book Drive
by Cathy Bettoney, Vice President of Outreach & Planning
Free Service for Students
We are offering free résumé assistance to college students. This service can be scheduled at your convenience; right now we’re advertising the service to area colleges. If you you need to schedule a session or if you can help with this activity, please email me at email@example.com.
We Need Books
Thanks to all who have donated magazines to the Seafarer’s Center! They appreciate our donations. Please continue to bring pre-owned magazines to the program meetings. They’d also like to have books, so if you are weeding out your bookshelves, please consider donating. I’ll be putting out collection boxes at each program meeting.
We Need Ideas
Have you been thinking about where our chapter can provide a service to our greater Houston community? The current issue of Tieline suggests these:
- Adult literacy
- Writing and editing services provided at no cost to selected professional nonprofit organizations
- Local, state, and national library commissions
- Preparing educational materials for local school programs
- Résumé assistance
- After-school programs in writing or creative writing
- Tutoring in English or ESL
We’re a talented group! Please tell me if you have ideas where our particular skills could be put to good use for the benefit of the community. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.