Mastering Communication in an Ever-Changing World
by Jennifer Smith
It’s that time again when the art and science of technical communications come together—as in Leonardo da Vinci’s “Proportions of Man” (aka, Vitruvian Man)—for our annual STC Houston Awards Competition.
Today’s technical communicators work in an environment of constant change and questioning, much like da Vinci faced during the Renaissance. Are you keeping up with the times or, better yet, breaking barriers and inventing new ways to communicate?
Find out how you rate by submitting technical publications, online communications, or technical art for comprehensive judging against industry standards.
Participating in the 2009–2010 STC Awards Competition offers a unique opportunity to
• find out whether your work meets—or exceeds—rigorous standards set at the society level
• learn how to hone your skills even more on the basis of judges’ tips
• understand what it takes to make your work award-winning
• demonstrate your value to bosses, upper management, and potential employers
• potentially earn international recognition (if your entries are chosen to compete at the international level).
For full details about the competition, including guidelines, instructions, and forms for submitting entries, visit the Competitions link on the STC Houston Chapter web site: http://www.stc-houston.org/competitions.html
To compete, entries and entry fees must be received no later than October 15, 2009.