Sign up now! Become a member of STC and take advantage of all the information and resources available on the international Society web site. On your membership application, be sure to choose membership in the STC Houston chapter to take advantage of all the information, activities, and networking opportunities provided by the local chapter. Memberships are effective January 1 – December 31 of each year. For additional information, see the following resources:
Why Renew Your STC Houston Membership?
Your membership in STC and the Houston Chapter provides many valuable benefits. STC Houston continues to offer:
- Face-to-face program meetings at a reduced cost for members.
- Monthly networking lunches at various locations throughout the city.
- Social events, such as the awards banquet, now known as the Winter Bash.
- Active web site, YahooGroups email list, and online newsletter (Dateline Houston).
- Social media sources on Twitter and Facebook.
- Local technical publication competition with reduced entry fees for members. Winners can qualify for the International competition.
The international STC offers many additional benefits and services:
- Significant infrastructure and legal support to the chapters, including liability insurance and special event assistance.
- Publications, such as Intercom and Technical Communication.
- Web resources, such as the Notebook, News and Notes, and the Technical Communication Body of Knowledge.
- Savings on educational offerings through webinars, online certificate programs, workshops, the annual Summit, and SUMMIT@aClick.
- The Leadership Program and Leadership workshop.
- Exclusive access to the Jobs Database.
- Unlimited use of the JobSeeker Boot Camp.
Renew by February 28th to maintain eligibility to vote in the society and chapter elections. For answers to additional questions about joining or renewing, see the STC website.