The Website committee manages the chapter website, which conforms to STC International policy.
- Manage the chapter website. Information on this site must follow the STC international policy:
- Do not place a member’s address, telephone number, or Internet address online without written permission from the member (all committee managers and chapter officers give their permission).
- Do not place information online for which the chapter charges, without permission from the chapter Board.
- Do not place international information online, such as information from Intercom, without permission from the Society Executive Director.
- Oversee the updating of the website with chapter information, and make sure the site conforms to Board-established formats and the Society’s policy. The webmaster either places all information online or instructs other committee managers on how to do so.
- Update the following information before the first program meeting of the year in September:
- Committee and officer descriptions
- Committee and officer contact names and email addresses
- Monthly program meeting place, dates, and times
- Update the following information, as necessary:
- Seminar or workshop meeting places, dates, and times
- Corporate sponsor information
- Volunteer opportunity information
- Maintain chapter email aliases.
- Manage chapter web host account and DNS host account.
- Periodically write newsletter articles about the website for the newsletter.
- Acknowledge team for their work.
- Coach team on resolving issues.
- Give the Volunteer Name Collector information about your committees’ volunteers for recognition, Society awards and nominations, and for future chapter officer candidates. If you can, assist in the write-up of recognition articles and award/nomination forms.
- Prepare a budget of expenses and income.
- Provide monthly activity updates to the Director.
- Serve team by eliminating barriers to productivity.
- Committee Members
- Access to a computer and the Internet
- Access to email
- As many regular program meetings as possible
- Initial Board meetings during budget discussion and approval, if possible
- Board meetings whenever the agenda includes topics relating to your committee