The Secretary is responsible for maintaining documents that the Administrative Council uses, including
- Admin Council meeting minutes
- Admin Council leadership directory
- Take the minutes of Admin Council meetings. If you cannot attend an Admin Council meeting, notify the President and make arrangements for someone to record the minutes.
- Before each Admin Council meeting, post or email the previous month’s Admin Council meeting minutes to officers, directors, and appropriate committee managers.
- Keep the chapter’s files of past meeting minutes.
- Help the chapter Historian record and store the chapter’s historical information.
- As needed, email the chapter’s stationery template to officers, directors, and committee managers.
- Create a Leadership Directory with officer, director, and committee manager names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses. Distribute to the Admin Council and update as needed.
- Provide new leadership names, email addresses, and committee information to the Webmaster. Notify the Webmaster of changes throughout the year.
- Assist the treasurer as needed to prepare the budget.
- If managing a team of volunteers
- Acknowledge team for its work.
- Coach team on resolving issues.
- Give the volunteer manager information about your committees’ volunteers for recognition, Society awards and nominations, and for future chapter officer candidates. If you can, assist in the write-up of recognition articles and award/nomination forms.
- Serve team by eliminating barriers to productivity.
- Provide monthly activity updates to the Admin Council if applicable.
- Ability to spend time on chapter work throughout the year, sometimes during business hours
- Computer system to store chapter data
- A computer with Internet access
- As many regular program meetings as possible
- Admin Council meetings
- Committee meetings, if necessary
- Leadership Transition meeting, especially if transitioning out of position