The Event Coordinator provides organizes and runs the events for the chapter, such as program meetings, parties, and social/networking events.
- Schedule, invite, and facilitate one or more networking events for technical communicators on a regular basis.
- Research and invite speakers for meetings and events.
- Facilitate the meetings and events.
- Create and send out meeting notices and invitations/registrations via EventBrite.
- Keep a record of attendees at the events.
- Create advertising for the event (web posts, Facebook/LinkedIn notices, Mailchimp emails)
- Identify topics of discussion related to technical communication and moderate the discussions.
- Write newsletter articles about events, including notices of upcoming events and reviews of the events