The Immediate Past President is responsible for working with the President and Admin Council to help successfully run the chapter.
- Advice the President as requested.
- Attend chapter and Admin Council meetings and answer questions about STC and the Houston Chapter.
- Choose a specific chapter committee or project and become actively involved.
- Assist the treasurer as needed to prepare the budget.
- Acknowledge team for its work.
- Coach team on resolving issues.
- Give the volunteer manager information about your committees’ volunteers for recognition, Society awards and nominations, and for future chapter officer candidates. If you can, assist in the write-up of recognition articles and award/nomination forms.
- Serve team by eliminating barriers to productivity.
- Provide monthly activity updates to the Admin Council if applicable.
- Committee members as needed
- Ability to spend time on chapter work throughout the year, sometimes during business hours
- Computer system to store chapter data
- A computer with Internet access
- As many regular program meetings as possible
- Admin Council meetings
- Committee meetings, if necessary
- Leadership Transition meeting