The Historian maintains the historical files of the chapter.
- Keep materials produced by the chapter throughout the year. For example, workshop brochures and publicity flyers. Make sure these materials are included with the items in chapter storage.
- Document chapter achievements through the year. For example, awards won.
- Keep the history files organized.
- Provide historical information to members as needed. For example, all the newsletter awards won by the chapter over the years.
- Periodically, write articles for the newsletter about the history of the chapter.
- Acknowledge team for its work.
- Coach team on resolving issues.
- Give the volunteer manager information about your committees’ volunteers for recognition, Society awards and nominations, and for future chapter officer candidates. If you can, assist in the write-up of recognition articles and award/nomination forms.
- Serve team by eliminating barriers to productivity.
- Committee members as needed
- Access to store historical information.
- Computer system to store archive data.
- Access to a computer and email
- As many regular program meetings as possible
- First Administrative Council meetings during budget discussion and approval.
- Admin Council meetings (or communicate via email) whenever the agenda includes topics relating to your committee
- Leadership Transition meeting, especially if transitioning out of position