A Director on the STC Houston Administrative Council is responsible for helping setting chapter policies at Administrative Council meetings, taking on selected additional volunteer responsibilities as desired or requested, and managing the committees in their organization, as appropriate.
- When applicable, provide information about your committees’ activities to the Administrative Council for inclusion on the meeting announcements sheet.
- When applicable, from June through August, gather committee manager names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses. Give the information to the President and Secretary before the first Administrative Council meeting. Throughout the year, make sure the President has information and changes about your committee managers. Verify that the information gets updated on the chapter Web site and other lists as appropriate.
- When applicable, from June through August, work with your committee managers to prepare budgets and activity plans. Provide this information to the Administrative Council on the date requested.
- When applicable, at the annual Leadership Transition Meeting, make sure your committee managers provide an effective handoff to new committee managers.
- When applicable, before each Administrative Council meeting, contact your committee managers for activity updates. Give the committee information to the Administrative Council.
- Review the past year’s Chapter Achievement nomination forms; throughout the year, provide information to the President for Chapter Achievement activities. These activities might be performed by the committees (when applicable) or by you individually.
- When applicable, provide descriptions of committee activities to the appropriate volunteer manager. Work with this manager to recruit new volunteers as appropriate.
- When applicable, give the appropriate volunteer manager information about your committees’ volunteers for recognition (Volunteer of the Month, Volunteer of the Year), Society awards and nominations (Distinguished Chapter Service, Associate Fellow), and for future chapter officer candidates. If you can, assist in the write-up of recognition articles and award/nomination forms.
- When applicable, make sure that the appropriate volunteer manager receives timely and accurate articles from your managers.
- When applicable, work with the Webmaster to post committee information, committee activity, and program information.
- Acknowledge team for its work.
- Coach team on resolving issues.
- Give the volunteer manager information about your committees’ volunteers for recognition, Society awards and nominations, and for future chapter officer candidates. If you can, assist in the write-up of recognition articles and award/nomination forms.
- Prepare a budget of expenses and income.
- Provide monthly activity updates to the Director.
- Serve team by eliminating barriers to productivity.
- Monitor your actual expenses against your budgeted expenses from the Treasurer’s monthly reports.
- When applicable, committee managers and members
- Ability to spend business hours working on chapter business
- Access to email
- As many regular program meetings as possible
- All Admin Council meetings
- Committee meetings, if necessary
- Leadership Transition meeting, especially if transitioning out of position