STC Houston presents the Intern Program! For volunteers that complete specific tasks, STC already provides education, knowledge and expertise in the technical communications fields. STC Houston will help students and new professionals build their portfolio.
Benefits to Volunteers
- Use event materials or a work record in your professional portfolio
- Gain valuable experience in planning and organizing projects
- Gain insight and guidance from experienced Technical Communicators
- Access to a professional reference
- Recognition in event announcements for the STC Houston and STC community
- Received guidance from an experienced mentor
General Program Requirements
- must be able to coordinate with your mentor
- must have specific skills for your volunteer role
- must have basic technical communication skills
- must be able to schedule deadlines for deliverable and tasks
Volunteer Positions Available
Create and publish an online newsletter of at least 4 issues for STC Houston chapter. The newsletter will contain meeting recaps, technical communication news from STCand from other organizations, reviews and articles of interest.
Chapter Event Promoter
Participates in two events per year (events can be workshops, monthly meetings with speakers, or networking events). Coordinate one event with an outside organization. If the event is a monthly meeting, research and solicit one speaker for a program meeting.
Chaper Multimedia Recorder
Video and audio record at least four STC Houston Chapter meetings/events. Help determine method for livesttreaming meetings. PRocess and finish videos for posting to website via YouTube. AV interviews with speakers as appropriate.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to email@example.com by October 15, 2018. Applicants will be interviewed by members of the STC Admin Council, and results will be communicated by October 30, 2018.