This year, STC Houston is partnering with STC Greater NY and Philadelphia for the annual competitions.
If you are interested in participating as a Houston judge, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information was provided by the Greater NY & Philadelphia Regional TechComm Competition Team:
Who can enter?
The competition is open to anyone (student or professional) who produces technical communication, training material, or content for the web and other devices. Society Technical Communication (STC) membership is not a requirement. You may enter work as a team, an individual or on behalf of a colleague.
What can be entered?
Enter your best work in the following categories:
- Training Materials
- Informational Materials
- Promotional Materials
- User Support Materials
Entries are subject to the rules that are defined in the STC General Information and Competition Rules. Entries must:
- Contain sufficient technical, scientific, medical, or similar content to qualify as technical communication
- Have been produced or substantially revised within the past two years
- Have been originally prepared for and accepted for publication by a client, employer, or publisher
Why should you enter?
- Winners receive awards and tangible recognition of achievement
- Receive detailed evaluations from the judges; this objective peer evaluation supports continuous improvement
- Validate your methods and earn visibility
How is the competition structured?
STC offers two levels of competition:
- Local and regional
Regional competition entries that earn Excellence or Distinguished Technical Communication awards qualify for the STC International Summit Awards competition.
When is the submission deadline?
All entries should arrive by the Deadline: 3:30 PM on October 19, 2012
How do you submit an entry?
- Fill in the online entry and print 4 copies.
- Pay the entry fee before packing your entry online or by check. Rates follow:
- Student $25.00
- STC Member (NY, PMC, or Houston) $50.00
- Member (Other Chapter or Community) $75.00
- Non-STC Member $100.00
- Pack each entry with the 4 printed application forms to the following mailing address. For each entry, you should have 4 completed entry forms and 4 copies of the entry, (print copies, CDs or DVDs). DO NOT combine multiple entries into one DVD).